Winter is not my favorite time of the year. I admit that the sleet and snow that fell last night looks beautiful. Snow is beautiful to me, in adulthood, if I remain in the house and look at it through the window. When I was a child I could not wait to get outside to sled, throw snowballs, and build snow forts with my two brothers. The trees in our yard thought it was Spring until Winter came by for a visit. It makes me think of a poem I wrote a few years ago. God gave us this beautiful world and snow is part of His beautiful world.
- Beauty of red cardinals in glistening new fallen snow.
- A child’s laugh of glee: clapping hands, shouts.
- God gave each of us a reason for this glorious glow.
- Looking through eyes – seeing a world of wonderous marvel.
- Perceiving loveliness in deer darting in shadowy wood.
- Hypnotized by directions of falling, swirling leaves,
- Or sprouting buds within Spring’s season understood.
- Elegance toward perfection, our Lord’s favor abounds.