I was thinking of the song, “When You Wish Upon A Star.” This song says when you wish upon a star your dreams come true. Well, I am glad most of my dreams never come true. Ha I was wondering what different things people wish upon to make wishes come true. I came up with about 10 common things that people use to make a wish.
- Shooting Star
- Turkey Wishbone
- Birthday Candles
- First Star of the evening
- Dandelions as you blow the seeds into the wind.
- Coins thrown into a fountain or a wishing well.
- White horses and only if you see their tail.
- Ladybugs, if they land on you and you make a wish as they fly away.
- Leprechaun if you catch one – they can grant you 3 wishes. Wow
- Full Moon on your birthday – you get a full year of good luck.
I do not remember my wishes coming true as I tried wishing on these ten things I have listed. Do any of you remember one of the most important wishes you felt you made that did not come true? I do, I remember wishing as a child for a Sister like my friends’ sisters. A sister who would be my best friend and we would do everything together. I had a Sister who chose never to be my friend. I did not say that to get sympathy, because I had 2 brothers that were my best friends. Perhaps I just chose the wrong person when I made my wish.